The professional intervention process was developed for one simple reason: you do NOT have to wait for your loved one to ask for help. Waiting for them to decide can be heart breaking, not to mention dangerous. Any day can be the day something irreversible happens! Most families fear confronting a loved one about their substance abuse out of fear it may set them off or start an argument. Or families make the mistake of asking their loved one to consider treatment in the hope they will say yes. This rarely results in their loved one agreeing to seek treatment. More commonly this ends in an argument and families unknowingly continue to enable their loved ones in the process. Than can consequently further the addiction. This is why Bodhi Addiction offers a network of experienced interventionist to handle any situation.
We can help you decide whether a professional interventionist is even needed. If so, we will be happy to educate you step by step on how the process works. We believe that knowledge is power.
Below are just some of the of professional intervention services Bodhi Addiction provides to help you through every step of this process.
The Professional Intervention Process:
- Providing telephone or in person consultation regarding the identified crisis. This way we can determine the best course of action and if an intervention is even necessary.
- Provide information on addiction, what enabling is and treatment options available to fix the problem at hand.
- Personally meet with the family and loved ones of the person needing treatment. We will discuss enabling behaviors and how to correct them.
- Assess expectations and goals for the intervention process.
- Meet with all parties involved and help plan the intervention. Prepare the families for possible outcomes as well as how to deal with them.
- Personally intervene with your loved one in an effort to gain their willingness to accept treatment. Also inform them of the predetermined consequences agreed upon by the client in the event they refuse treatment.
- Get the agreement of the patient, and escort (fly with or drive) the patient to the designated residential recovery or inpatient treatment center.
You are no longer alone in this. By working together, we can achieve a positive outcome.
Call us at (877) 328-1968 or fill out the form at the top of the page to schedule a Free Consultation.
Licensed by the State Department of Health Care Services
CCAPP – #CACS217214
medical license #G37540